A Christmas Box

>> Sunday 15 November 2009

Hi everyone. I hope you are enjoying a relaxing Sunday. After the wet and wild weather of yesterday I’m sitting here in a T shirt with the sun pouring through the window enjoying a rare couple of hours with the house all to myself – bliss! I’ve got a cup of tea by my computer and I’ve just finished the last few squares of a Milka bar (which I have to hide otherwise my darling husband would scoff it in a second).

HPIM1764

HPIM1761 I got the idea for this box from Kirsten’s blog. Kirsten makes the most gorgeous boxes and she has several templates on her blog that you can use. I’ve been itching to use my new Stempelglede stamps and I’m really pleased with the result. My gorjuss girl is coloured with distress inks, cut out with an oval nestie and I pierced a frame around the edge. The flowers were stamped and then punched and all the papers have been distressed with faded jeans distress ink.

HPIM1763

HPIM1762 I’ve decorated the inside of the box lid too with the Stempelglede stamps and a sentiment stamp from Crafty Individuals.

I’m going to enter this box into these challenges:

Sketch Saturday

Totally Gorjuss – Christmas Blues

Secret Crafter – Four Seasons

Colour Create – Blue, white & silver

Stampavie & More – Not a card

I’m going to enjoy a game of tennis with some friends this afternoon - whatever you’re doing have a fabulous Sunday!

21 comments:

Danielle 15 November 2009 at 14:41  

Wow - a beautiful box Sharon! Love the blues and your colouring is gorgeous of Miss Gorjuss! So glad the sun is shining - enjoy your game of tennis!
Hugs, Danielle

dolcreations 15 November 2009 at 14:44  

Wow is right..This is one gorgeous box! I love those soft distressed colours! I am so glad your seeing the sun shine there!
Have a great day,
Christine

Di 15 November 2009 at 18:49  

Beautiful Sharon just love it!! your flowers are fab! and i love the border.
Thanks for joining Colour create this week

Di xx

Do What You Love 15 November 2009 at 19:27  

This is such a beautiful creation with my fav color blue. I love containers and you've just made my day with this one! It is just perfect. I love your coloring - all your crafts here are magnificently colored, Sharon. You're so talented, too! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such wonderful words to make a perfect Sunday! ;)

Kat 15 November 2009 at 20:39  

This box is just beautiful Sharon. Thank you for sharing it with us at Totally Gorjuss.

Kat x

aardvarkpest 15 November 2009 at 23:03  

Beautiful box and I love the blue. Hope you enjoyed your tennis.

Glenda

Michele Roos 16 November 2009 at 10:54  

Beautiful box Sharon, love the image and the perfect colouring also. Hugs Michele x

craftymum 16 November 2009 at 12:45  

What a fantastic entry. Thanks for the effort you put in. Check out the DT blogs
and see you next week
Love Sarah W XXX

Michele Spera 16 November 2009 at 13:40  

what a cute box:-)
Love it:-) really neat idea! thank you for joining us at TG this week
Michele

Mina 16 November 2009 at 18:11  

wow this is just stunning Sharon, enjoy your tennis
Mina xxx

Anne H. 16 November 2009 at 18:47  

WOW - I love your box, Sharon!
Beautiful colors and lovely details.
An adorable image and you have painted her so beautifully.
Thanks for joining us this week at Stampavie and More.
Anne -:)

Wishcraft 16 November 2009 at 19:20  

Wow what a fabulous box and your Gorjuss Girl is coloured so beautifully - gorgeous work! Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss :o) Lisa x

Julie 16 November 2009 at 20:33  

Fabulous box - such pretty blues and beautifully made and coloured! Juliexx

Deb 16 November 2009 at 23:12  

stunning box Sharon, I love it, the colours are so beautiful and love your new stamps! hugs Debx

dolcreations 17 November 2009 at 18:13  

Sharon..I finally purchased some Distress Ink!!! Your blog has inspired me so much to do this! Now tell me...any pointers on how to use them? Watercolour paper, small paint brush with water to apply! Any tips!!!!
Christine

BA 18 November 2009 at 09:35  

hi sharon
such a gorgoues box!!!
love your colouring.
thanks for joining us at stampavie & more
xoxo BA

Janiel/ janny 18 November 2009 at 15:58  

Sharon....BEAUTIFUL box!!!!!!
Thanks for joining us at Colour Create..
hugs, Janiel

a Seeker of the TRUTH 19 November 2009 at 17:09  

Wow! It is awesome! You are truly talented. I would like to thank you for the time you took to view my blog and comment. Thank you it means a lot to me.

Happy crafting

Julie

nessy 19 November 2009 at 18:58  

gorgeous box ~amazing work
vanessa xx

debby4000 21 November 2009 at 09:47  

Oh wow this is beautiful, wonderful work.
luv
Debby

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP