Whiff of Joy Challenge #41

>> Wednesday 29 July 2009

I had a text from a friend yesterday to say that her baby boy has arrived!  I know her through the National Childbirth Trust classes we attended when I was pregnant with Thomas and we’ve kept in touch since then.  Her eldest is just a few days older than Thomas and I have to admit that having two children under the age of two sounds like extremely hard work!!

WOJ daytime

WOJ close up I love the WOJ wedding and baby collection and as we have a few friends who are expecting this summer it was the perfect excuse to buy this one image.   I mixed my distress ink colours again, using mustard seed and tea dye for the dress and dusty concord and faded jeans for the swaddling.  The challenge is to use flowers – easy peasy as I love my flowers!!  My big flower is made with 5 punched retro flowers and I curled the petals around a paint brush and then spritzed it with glimmer mist.   The papers are BG wisteria and I’ve just added some lace, pearls and dew drops. 

You will probably see this image again very soon as another friend is expecting a girl at any time!

20 comments:

Danielle 30 July 2009 at 03:25  

Oh Sharon this is just gorgeous! The colours you've used make this image and card so vintage and classic! A really stunning creation which your friend is sure to love!
Hugs, Danielle

debby4000 30 July 2009 at 08:42  

Oh this is so gorgeous, wonderful colours and so perfect for A New Baby Boy card.
luv
Debby

Sue 30 July 2009 at 08:51  

Wow what a beautiful card this is. Your colouring is superb. I am sure your friend will treasure it.
Sue xx

Michele Roos 30 July 2009 at 10:12  

Beautiful card Sharon. Love the WOJ image and the colouring also. Pretty papers and flowers to. Hugs Michele x

PinksyDoodles 30 July 2009 at 10:15  

This is stunning. I love the flower, and the pearls along the punched border. Your colouring is amazing. Just reading about two under two year olds brings me out in a cold sweat - she must be superwoman!
Clare x

Riet 30 July 2009 at 10:25  

What a beautiful card Sharon,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Brocéliane 30 July 2009 at 11:39  

love your beautiful card and this fab flower, wow :)

Kari 30 July 2009 at 18:01  

Wow..gorgeous card! I love the colours and the image is so lovely:)
Beautiful and lovely:)
Have a wonderful evening:)

Hugs,Kari:)

Bente 30 July 2009 at 20:05  

Oh such an adorable card, lovely colors you've used, and wonderful coloring!!
Hugs, Bente

Carolyn 31 July 2009 at 05:41  

What a stunning card. This is gorgeous. I absolutely love this image.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

SCRAPCRAZY 31 July 2009 at 09:00  

Awesome card and very pretty flowers;)

Linnie 31 July 2009 at 18:40  

This is just fantastic oh i adore the image but your colouring and layout is super
linniexxx

Bev 31 July 2009 at 19:00  

What a gorgeous card, the image is adorable Sharon and the colours are so very pretty xx

☼ Cheryl* 1 August 2009 at 09:59  

What a beautiful card!

dolcreations 1 August 2009 at 14:22  

Wow this image is just gorgeous. You have done such a beautiful job. Your friend is just going to love your special card!
Christine

Dawn 1 August 2009 at 22:49  

Hiya Sharon

Awww this is soo cute! Gorgeous papers...

eeeh I haven't seen Craft Stamper yet, went to the shop today but it wasn't in, not sure what is going on at WH Smith half the mags I buy lately haven't been taken in.
Oooh will HAVE to check it out to see if it is me!!!

hugs
Dawn
xx

Tara Godfrey 2 August 2009 at 13:16  

Absolutely stunning, Sharon! I love the Wisteria for a baby card it looks brilliant and I have a few to make too so I think I will use the Wisteria! So soft and sweet...your colouring is flawless! Love the flowers too and they just shimmer so beautifully!!!!
Thanks for the well wishes, sweetie! I think I am starting to come around!
ope you have great weekend with some sunshine!
Big Big Hugs,t

Bev 3 August 2009 at 12:37  

This is exquisite hun, love the beautiful soft colours and gorge layout x

stephanne 3 August 2009 at 22:10  

Awww, so very pretty, love your flowers and the image looks fantastic!! The addition of the pearls onto the scallop creases is really stunning!!
Stephanne

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP