A Just Magnolia card and my new look blog

>> Monday 13 July 2009

What do you think of my new look?  My ‘old’ blog was looking very dull compared to everyone elses in blogland so I spent Saturday evening downloading this new template (link at the bottom of the blog) and reloading all my widgets.  I’m really pleased with it but I just need to find out how to amend the horizontal menu bar under the header.

We had a lovely weekend .  The weather yesterday was lovely (not what they forecast) so we went for a lovely walk with my parents, fed the ducks and enjoyed a huge ice cream. 

This card is for my mum (from Thomas).  I’ve used Mina’s fabulous sketch for this weeks Just Magnolia challenge.  There are a few new stash bits  on this card; flower soft and dew drops both of which I love and will be using a lot more of in the future.

JM2 Card Recipe:

JM3Stamps: Magnolia, Papermania sentiment

Colouring medium: Distress inks (glitter pen on her wings)

Paper: Anna Griffin and Imaginisce (I think!!)

Embellishments: Prima and punched flowers, ribbon, dew drops, flowersoft, gem stickers

Tools: Oval nesties, MS lace doily punch

16 comments:

Mina 13 July 2009 at 23:40  

wow Sharon what a stunner of a card, I have never used flowersoft but might just have to get some after seeing this fabulous creation...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx
p.s. Im loving your makeover

Kellie 14 July 2009 at 00:14  

The Look is gorgeous. I only just re did mine as well, lots of codes and fiddles but don't you just feel so much better with the end result?

The card is stunning! I love how you have used this stamp and made it look so pretty and girlie Sharon, just gorgeous, xx.

stephanne 14 July 2009 at 03:06  

This card is beautiful, great use of your new stash goodies.
The blog is looking mighty fine too!!
Stephanie

Lilacanglia 14 July 2009 at 07:24  

your blog is great,
and that card is gorgeous,
Hugs
Angie

Michele Roos 14 July 2009 at 08:57  

Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the image and the colouring is just beautiful. Love the look to your blog also. Hugs Michele x

debby4000 14 July 2009 at 09:00  

Gorgeous Tilda card, she is fabulous and wonderful details.
Stunning new blog too.
luv
Debby

Kari 14 July 2009 at 09:47  

Oh..this is a wonderful card! Beautiful coloring and the image is lovely.Great stash!

Great new look too :)

Have a wonderful day:)

Hugs,Kari :)

Rach 14 July 2009 at 13:13  

a fabulous card sweetie. hugs rachxx

Anonymous,  14 July 2009 at 15:42  

Such a sweet creation Sharon!! Love your coloring and the fun flower soft added!! Lovely blog dear!! HUGS

CraftyC 14 July 2009 at 19:46  

Totally gorgeous Sharon, a beautiful card
Clairex

dolcreations 15 July 2009 at 14:25  

What a beautiful card! I love the new blog look as well!
Christine

cats whiskers 16 July 2009 at 20:36  

Thanks Sharon for joining JM with such a lovely card, the colours and colouring are perfect as is your new blog layout love it
Hugs Jacqui x

Karen O 16 July 2009 at 21:37  

Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog:)
Love your card! And the effect of the flowersoft is just amazing!
Hugs, Karen

Bev 16 July 2009 at 22:44  

What a fabulous card Sharon, love the pretty colours, the flowersoft and your stunning colouring! Thanks so much for joining us at JM this week x

Danielle 19 July 2009 at 23:19  

wow Sharon, I love this card! It's so beautifully done and I love the touch of flower soft and your colouring of Tilda! Absoluting loving your new blog look too - awesome!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous,  21 July 2009 at 11:15  

This is gorgeous Sharon, love that stamp and the great colour scheme you've chosen.
Barbara

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP