Magnolia Down Under - Guest DT card

>> Saturday 18 April 2009

It's my third week as a Guest Designer for the fantastic Magnolia Down Under blog. This week the theme is 'Cupcakes' and you probably need your sunglasses for this card!! I chose my paper first (Basic Grey Ambrosia) and picked out the green and pink as my accent colours.


I stamped Tilda and then masked her to stamp the cupcake. I've coloured my image with watercolour pencils and distress inks. I used my labels nesties to cut the pink and green card behind Tilda and then embossed the pink one with the Cuttlebug. The scalloped edges at the bottom were created with a Martha Stewart punch and the flowers are made using retro flower punches. I wasn't sure what sentiment to add so I've left it blank for now - I can add one later. Do pop over to the blog as the DT have made some gorgeous cards this week.

13 comments:

Sammi 19 April 2009 at 02:32  

mmmmmmmm.... yummo!!
Love the images and the colours are splendid!! Great job Sharon - It's just lovely!

Sammi
xxx

Debbie Pamment 19 April 2009 at 03:03  

Those are real candy colours! LOVE 'EM. Gorgeous job Sharon!
xXx

Kellie 19 April 2009 at 05:30  

I love the colours, bright and all they are amazing and go with the theme so well. Your card is just mouth watering!
Kelx

PinksyDoodles 19 April 2009 at 09:34  

Gorgeous card Sharon, I adore the colours. Clare x

Marcia @ Pretty Things 19 April 2009 at 10:27  

These are such edible colours, I picture sprinkles with these colours - just sitting on top of a cupcake!

Great card.

:) Marcia P

Riet 19 April 2009 at 10:50  

what a beautiful card Sharon,l love the stamp.

hugs Riet.x

dolcreations 19 April 2009 at 14:22  

I love that card! I love how you coloured your card. I keep using the Lyra's on my card, but seeing yours I need to step out of my comfort zone! I also like the colours that you chose!!!
Great Job!

Heather 19 April 2009 at 15:39  

This is fantastic Sharon. I love the papers and colours you've used and that gorgeously coloured Tilda looks so cute perched on her cupcake.
hugs Heather xx

Andrea, 19 April 2009 at 20:16  

Oh this is wonderful Sharon, the colours and papers are gorgeous

Anonymous,  20 April 2009 at 16:56  

What a gorgeous card Sharon!! I just love your pretty colors and design!!

Michele Kovack 21 April 2009 at 12:25  

This is GORGEOUS!!! Your coloring is fantastic! Great choices on the paper too!

Ramona Michaluk 21 April 2009 at 14:01  

Love this card Sharon - the colours actually look lovely and soft! I love the way you've used the embossed panel and added the lovely punched borders at the bottom - really great colours together and the flowers just add that finishing touch. Great job!!

Faye Butterworth 23 April 2009 at 08:50  

Loved the colours and lace effect.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP