Friday Sketchers

>> Friday 10 April 2009


Wow, what a busy week! My feet have hardly touched the ground which means little time for crafting. Which might not be a bad thing as my mojo seems to have gone on holiday! I finished an anniversary card for my husband today but its awful (too bad to post on here) so its back to the drawing board.

The weather here has been pretty miserable this afternoon. My friend and I took our dogs for a long walk through the woods and we all got pretty wet and muddy - its a bit of a joke that it always rains when we get together for our walks; we seem to jinx the weather!!

This card is for the Friday Sketchers challenge - a lovely sketch drawn by Jacqueline. I've used my gorgeous Mimosa stamp which I've coloured with distress inks and then added some paper flowers edged with stickles. The paper is by Magenta. I cut two slits in the pale green card and slid the paper through to create a green background strip for my ribbon. Every three months I take our dog to Tunbridge Wells to be clipped and just along the road from the 'pooch parlour' is a huge sewing shop where I stock up on ribbon and I found this pretty one there yesterday. The swirl is a Sizzix die cut from the reverse of the Magenta paper and the sentiment is Paper Mania.

And I am a very proud mummy as Thomas (aged 17 months) has made his first card! He made it at nursery this week. He's not keen on finger painting but loves sticking things. He even used DCWV paper - I gave the nursery an old matstack I hadn't used in years!!

12 comments:

Danielle 11 April 2009 at 00:04  

Lovely card Sharon - she is such a sweet image! Great FS challenge card. Loving little Thomas' card - good to get them starting early, lol!!!
Have a great Easter!
Hugs, Danielle

cats whiskers 11 April 2009 at 00:10  

Wow Hun I love what you have done with the roses and your colouring of Mimosa is perfect, love little ones card just perfect
Have a great Easter dear
Hugs jacqui x

Nilla 11 April 2009 at 02:02  

Cute card and love the flower arrangement! thoughts from Nilla

Riet 11 April 2009 at 07:42  

wowww Sharon,what a beautiful card,l love the stamp and colours.

hugs Riet.x

debby4000 11 April 2009 at 10:20  

Gorgeous card, love the roses.
luv
Debby

Mina 11 April 2009 at 11:30  

love the card, the image is perfect with those little roses...and it seems Thomas is a chip of the old block, hes a genius tell him xxx

Murielle 11 April 2009 at 13:53  

Your card is Gorgeous, Sharon!
The colours are wonderful and your image is marvelous with flowers.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Have a great weekend Easter!
Hugs, Mumur

Tara Godfrey 11 April 2009 at 15:34  

Such a sweet card, Sharon! I love the rose buds on her poted palnt...that is brilliant!!!! Great colours, papers and such a sweet image too!
Thomas' card is adorable!
Hugs,t

Annika 12 April 2009 at 11:54  

Oohhh, I love those Bildmalarna images, so cute! Your interpretation of sketch is gorgeous!

Cardmaking Galore 13 April 2009 at 18:50  

This is stunning - love the colours

Anonymous,  13 April 2009 at 19:38  

Darling creation Sharon!! I love the fun flowers popping out!! TFS!

Bev 13 April 2009 at 20:05  

Too cute! Love the fab papers and colours - such a sweet image too.
Hope you've had a fabby Easter x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP