An old favourite

>> Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hello and thanks for stopping by today. I've been having a good clear out of my crafty stash recently and selling some of the stamps that I don't use. This is then a very good excuse to go and buy some new stamps and I don't feel nearly so guilty! But there are a few stamps that I don't think I will ever part with and this Whiff of Joy stamp is one of them. She is a dream to colour and I love the expression on her face.


I also have a large stash of Wild Orchid Craft flowers which I love but some of them are quite bulky and make putting a card in a regular envelope impossible. So I thought I would play around and have a go at altering some. The larger flower is a gardenia and the two smaller flowers are made from roses. I cut off the wire stems and then carefully peeled the layers of the flowers apart, flattened them out a little and spritzed them with glimmer mist (pearl on the large flower, tattered rose on the smaller ones). I inked the edges on the smaller ones and then spritzed them straight away so the edges bled slightly. The pearl brads are from the Hobby House and I'm quite pleased with the result.

I'm going to enter this card into these challenges:

Stamp with Fun - Pearls and Flowers
Stampavie & More - Butterflies
Totally Gorjuss - Flower Power
Totally Papercrafts - Summer


Have a lovely week!

9 comments:

Tab 15 June 2011 at 10:20  

Oh wow, Sharon your card is stunning...love this image!
Hugs Tab xxx

Lisa 15 June 2011 at 10:42  

Hi Sharon, Beautiful card! The colours are gorgeous and I love this image.

Lisa x

Lil Daffodil 15 June 2011 at 14:00  

Hi Sharon,
This card is awesome. Gorgeous colours and embellishments. I love this image too - it's beautiful.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Kat 15 June 2011 at 22:07  

Love that sweet image and beautiful colour combo. And the flowers are really pretty. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

Kat x

Nadell 16 June 2011 at 10:12  

Wonderful card - I like the colorcombo. Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and more.
Hugs Nadell

Unknown 16 June 2011 at 18:48  

I love your card..really cute !Thanks for joining us at at SAM Challenge
Hugs
Sandra

Nina 17 June 2011 at 22:13  

Wow, what a fab card!! Love the colour combo, the motiv is so wonderful and your details are stunning. ME LIKE!!

Thanks for sharing with us at Stampavie and More :)
Hugs, Nina.

dolcreations 24 June 2011 at 12:30  

What an absolutely gorgeous card Sharon...the colour of those papers and the flowers are stunning. As always, you do such beautiful work with your colouring!
P.S. The images you asked me about I googled Precious Moments colouring books and then printed it off!

Elise 24 June 2011 at 20:03  

Wow wow wow! I love this color combo, so soft sweet and pretty! You've coloured Willow to perfection and surrounded her with so many beautiful things!!

Hugs,
Elise

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP