It's been too long

>> Wednesday 18 May 2011

Hello, it does seem an age since I last posted on my blog. Life is busy busy busy; whoever it was who told me that life goes crazy fast when you have children was so right! I can't quite believe that we have been visiting infant schools recently ready for our application for Sept 2012 as it only seems like yesterday that Thomas was a newborn. He's had a few adventures recently too. Last week he lost control of his bike and fell into the little stream that runs alongside the footpath and today he fell off his bike at nursery and now has an egg size lump on the back of his head. He's OK, just a bit bruised but nothing that the promise of a gingerbread man couldn't fix!

In an attempt to kick start my creative mojo I had a little shopping spree at the Craftz Boutique last week and it seems to have worked! My inspiration for this card came from Kim's Blog. Kim is one of my favourite bloggers and all her cards have the WOW factor so I CASE'd one of her creations.


I used the same layout that Kim used for her card but used a different image, papers, etc. Tilda is coloured with a mixture of distress inks and aqua pens. The papers are a mixture of Prima and Fancy Pants and the flower is also from Prima. All the edges are inked with Walnut Stain distress ink.

This card fits quite a lot of challenges:

Stamp with Fun - Green & Pink
Creative Card Crew - Cute & Girly
Spoonful of Sugar - Anything Goes
Papertake Weekly - Bloom & Grow
Stampavie & More - Summer
Just Magnolia - Make it Lacy
Stamp Something - Anything Goes
Magnolia Down Under - Favourite Things (the Prima flowers are definitely my new favourite things)

Thanks for visiting, I'd love to know what you think of my card and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week.

10 comments:

CraftyC 18 May 2011 at 18:24  

Hiya Sharon, nice to see you back blogging, This is a gorgeous card and so very pretty. Kim is very talented and thats why I love blogland. So much inspiration!
Clairexx

Pop's Cards 18 May 2011 at 19:11  

Hi sweetie, this is a fabulous creation, gorgeous colours too, thanks for joining us at JM/HS this week biggest of hugs love pops x x x

Unknown 19 May 2011 at 04:12  

WOW what a beautiful card, I love your papers and flowers, and your colouring - is so amazing!! Thanks so much for playing along this week at MDUC
Hugs
Karen
xxx

Riet 19 May 2011 at 15:15  

What a gorgeous card Sharon,I love the image and your papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Andrea 19 May 2011 at 22:10  

This is really pretty, thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly

Sharon Traynor Designs 19 May 2011 at 23:15  

This is so gorgeous Sharon! Kim's blog is always a good place to start for some inspiration, isn't she?
Love the papers and embellishments you used on this one and the image is perfectly coloured.
Anyway, enjoy the young years while you can; they do fly by and before you know it they've flown the nest. He'll love being a grown up boy at infant school!
Hugs,
Sharon xx

Nicki 20 May 2011 at 07:56  

Wonderful card Sharon, I love the soft colouring, Tilda looks so pretty.

Nicki, xx

Melanie-Jane 20 May 2011 at 08:05  

wow Sharon what a pretty card. Love the colour combo and the pink ribbon is beautiful.
Wish you a great sunny week-end.
Hugs
Melanie-Jane

Elly P 22 May 2011 at 14:21  

Really pretty card and I love the colours and image.

hugs
Elly P
x x

Anja´s kortkreasjoner 5 June 2011 at 08:29  

Such a lovely card :))) can't wait to get to know you as well, over at TS :)
hugs, Anja

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP