Chicken Pox!

>> Wednesday 10 March 2010

I have one very spotty little boy at the moment. One small, insignificant spot on Monday evening had turned into about 8 nasty spots yesterday evening and there are more appearing all the time. Luckily he is bright as a button and doesn’t seem worried by them at all but I now have to think of lots of activities for the next few days while he is confined to the house. And instead of a lovely lunch out for Mothers Day on Sunday I’ll be cooking at home!


HPIM2032


This is my last card for Mothers Day. I used some gorgeous Prima paper and Daisy D’s papers, the lattice strip is the reverse of the Prima sheet. The flourish is a Sizzix die and I used one of my new Maya Road chipboard flowers from the Craftz Boutique which I painted with Worn Lipstick crackle paint. The sentiment is Hero Arts and the ribbon hides the slice through the paper when I changed my mind about the layout I was going to use!!

Enjoy the rest of the week and I hope to have another card to show you on Friday.

9 comments:

Nilla 10 March 2010 at 23:57  

So sweet card, Sharon! Love the paper and as always this gorgeous image! Hope the little one feel better soon! Hugs Nilla

Danielle 11 March 2010 at 00:04  

Sorry to hear your little guy has the chicken pox - hope he doesn't want to scratch the spots!
This is such a pretty card - your colouring is so soft and I just love the muted tones to the card! Loving the crackle paint on the flower!
Hugs, Danielle

dolcreations 11 March 2010 at 00:21  

Sorry to hear about the little guy! Avenoo Oatmeal baths are the best darn thing! My kids loved those for the little spots! I hope you can get that were you are.
Loving this image all coloured with those distress inks! I refer many times to the info you gave me about distress inks. You are the master!
Christine

Lil Daffodil 11 March 2010 at 08:32  

Hi Sharon,
Your card is gorgeous. I love the soft colours and papers and Daisy is one of my favourite stamps. You have coloured her beautifully.
I hope the wee lad gets better soon.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Joey 11 March 2010 at 08:58  

Beautiful card Sharon, love the softness of colour on daisy.x

Hope your little one doesnt suffer too much with those chicken pox eeeeeek! xxx

Fiona 11 March 2010 at 09:32  

Fab colouring Sharon. Sorry to hear your little one has chicken pox.

Fiona

debby4000 11 March 2010 at 11:30  

Gorgeous card Sharon, fab sweet Daisy and papers.
Sorry to hear about your little one, hope they scab soon, I was always told they're no longer infectious then.
luv
Debby

Doreen 13 March 2010 at 13:51  

This is truly gorgeous Sharon,your colouring is wonderful.xxx

Dawn 17 March 2010 at 20:51  

Awww Sharon poor Thomas, hope he feels better soon, eeeh it's so hard to stop the itching too!

Love your card, gorgeous colours

Hugs
Dawn
xx

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP