Friday Sketchers

>> Saturday 15 November 2008


The sketch for this weeks Friday Sketchers was a challenging one for me! I struggle when there are lots of layers and it takes me ages to choose the papers and card. I don't have a natural eye for putting different patterns together so sometimes I think the card can look a bit messy. I'm pretty pleased with this one though! I've coloured Tilda with my Prisma pencils and I was a bit more sparing with the colour this time to try and get a better depth of shading. All the papers are Basic Grey Euphoria which does make it easier to use them together and I inked some of the edges with burgandy versacolor. The rest of the 'ingredients': Large brad - Basic Grey, small brads - Lasting Impressions, Prima flowers, Quickutz photo corner.

11 comments:

Michele Roos 15 November 2008 at 10:27  

WOW gorgeous card. Love the Tilda image and you've coloured her in beautifully. Love the papers also. Michele x

Unknown 15 November 2008 at 11:56  

oh sharon, your card is so lovely and wonderful in colours. the coloration is perfect and match so great to all papers and embellishments.
hugs, bea

Gillian 15 November 2008 at 13:38  

What a beautiful card. Love the colours and the way she is sitting on the scalloped mat.

Gill x

Murielle 15 November 2008 at 15:12  

WOW.... you have interpreted my sketch beautifully, this is wonderful idea!
Great colours!
I love look, Sharon!
Have a good week end and thanks for you participation FS.
hugs, Mumur

Chris 15 November 2008 at 17:06  

Fantastic Sharon! I love the papers/card you chose, great together . Gorgeously coloured Tilda and the little details are wonderful. Chris x

Rach 15 November 2008 at 18:56  

A beautiful card Sharon, love the papers and the colours that you used. hugs rachxx

milli 15 November 2008 at 19:07  

Your card is lovely! Great colours and the image is just the cutest!

Camilla
xx

Sue 15 November 2008 at 21:07  

What a beautiful card, you have co-ordinated the colours and papers brilliantly. Not sure i will attempt this one! Well done. sue.

debby4000 16 November 2008 at 09:15  

Oh she is such a cutie, fabulous card, love the papers.

Chris 16 November 2008 at 10:30  

Thanks for your lovely comment Sharon. Hope you're having a nice Sunday. I got some promarkes a couple of weeks ago which are nice and a lot cheaper than copics. Hopefully I'll be able to build up the set gradually. Chris x

Carole 16 November 2008 at 18:28  

Ssuch a beautiful card, perfect colouring and I love the papers.
Carole :-)

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP