I haven't vanished!

>> Thursday 28 July 2011

Although I feel like I have been away from blogland for ages! It seems like every waking minute I am spending on the computer working on my business and trying to read and learn as much as I can to make it a success. And now the summer holidays are here so Thomas is at home and he doesn't like mummy being on the computer for too long! I can see a lot of early mornings and late evenings over the next 5 weeks!

I'm really missing my card making but I'm finding the thought of spending a couple of hours colouring an image and assembling a card is putting me off from even setting foot into my craft room. I'm determined to find a bit space in the day for 'me time' so I think that clean & simple is the way to go for now. These cards still take me a long time though as I dither over colour combinations/sentiments/embellishments!

So this card uses FTL150 from the Clean & Simple blog. I've used Kraft card for my base and bazzil card for the layers.


I gathered the seam binding by grabbing a single thread with my tweezers and giving it a pull! The idea came from this gorgous card by Kati. This picture shows the layered butterflies a bit better.


And I just had to take a close up of this gorgeous metal flower brad. This is the sort of embellishment that sits in my drawer and is looked at regularly but never used! It was perfect for this card though so I took a deep breath and opened the packet!


I'd love to know what you think. Enjoy the rest of your week.

10 comments:

Fiona 28 July 2011 at 09:49  

Great colours and CAS style Sharon.
Love the ribbon idea.

Lil Daffodil 28 July 2011 at 09:53  

Hi Sharon,
This is just beautiful. I love the colours and layout.
Have missed you.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Anonymous,  28 July 2011 at 19:04  

Hi Sharon,
I think this is so beautiful. Great tip for gathering the seam binding - thank you! xx

dolcreations 31 July 2011 at 01:55  

What a soft and such a pretty card Sharon. I know what you mean about things being a little hectic this time of year. I sure hope that business of yours is doing well. So glad you posted a card as it is always a treat to see you post!

Janna Werner 8 August 2011 at 12:35  

Fabulous elegant card, Sharon! Janna

SallyB 31 August 2011 at 21:06  

Hi Sharon..
This is lovely...I really want to do some simple cards like this...
Just wanted to say Good Luck with your business and hope you find time to continue to card make. We will miss you on the DT at Wild Rose Studio!xxx

F.T 29 October 2011 at 12:12  

Lovely concept, but the ribbon is doesn't look fine.

print VIP cards
Printing on Plastic

shamraiz 7 May 2012 at 05:30  

Hi Dear,
These are outstanding and also simple ,but no words to explain my feeling, keep them coming and one more thing ,a great work after reappearing,
regards,
sam:>)

scratch card

Share Clear Best Cardsahring Cccam Server 16 September 2013 at 16:50  

Hey There. I found your blog using Google. This is a very well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information.
Very detailed post! To be sure with above poster! Ive your website bookmarked!

Cccam Server | Best Cccam Server | Cardsharing Server | Best cardsharing

Clipping Solutions 13 July 2019 at 11:32  


Actually really impressed with your article such great & useful
Photo Retouching Services knowledge you mentioned here.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP