A Gem of a Challenge / Truly Scrumptious

>> Wednesday 8 December 2010

Hi everyone. I hope you are keeping warm in your corner of the world. It is still freezing here and the side roads are treacherous. I skidded on my way to work this morning. Luckily there wasn't anything coming the other way at the time as I managed to slide all the way across the road, bounce of the piled up snow and slide back over to the left again. We have more snow forecast for Kent but hopefully it will be very light showers.

I have two cards to show you today as both the challenges I design for have fallen on the same day. The first is for A Gem of a Challenge where we have a fab sketch for you to follow and an optional extra challenge of distressing.


I've used this super cute new stamp from Pink Gem Designs called Andy with Snail. I enjoy making boys cards much more now I have a boy of my own and I know I use these DCWV papers A LOT but they are perfect for a boys card. Andy is coloured with distress inks and the sentiment is also from Pink Gem Designs.

My second card is for our new Truly Scrumptious challenge - the last one of 2010. We have a sketch for your to follow with the optional extra challenge 'frame it' - create a decorative frame around your image.


For this card I have used Kira from Wild Rose Studio. I think she looks like she has a bit of attitude so I chose some funky Basic Grey papers and created a my frame with distress inks and a Stempelglede grunge stamp.

I do hope you can join in on both these challenges and I look forward to visiting your blog soon!

14 comments:

Pami 8 December 2010 at 09:54  

Hi Sharon, you must be careful, leave the car at home! I had a little skid in the car the other day but nothing like you. Frightened the life out of me, turned road and drove straight back home! The cards are lovely Sharon, as usual, the first image so so cute! Take care Pami x

Janet 8 December 2010 at 15:19  

Lovely cards chick especialy the first one of course lol! Seriously.....love what you have done with 'Andy with Snail' and the sentiment! xx

dolcreations 8 December 2010 at 16:03  

I am happy to see you made it home ok! Wow..that is not fun!
I love your cards Sharon...the little boy card is so cute! How do you do such soft colours!!!! I love your style!
Stay warm and SAFE!

Anonymous,  8 December 2010 at 18:47  

Gorgeous cards Sharon, you have a real knack for choosing the right papers. Glad you're okay - so horrible driving at the moment. xx

Riet 8 December 2010 at 18:50  

What a gorgeous cards Sharon,I love the images and your papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Berry 8 December 2010 at 22:21  

This is just fab work Sharon! I love the pink gem card, Andy is such a cutie and great use of sentiment. I love the colours on your second card just brilliant work hugs Rebekah xx

Mina 8 December 2010 at 22:28  

oh how frightening is that Sharon, please be careful on these bad days it terrifies me when Im in the card with my Dad, I can feel myself relax when I get hone finally...your cards are fabulous, Im loving those fab images
Mina xxx

Mina 8 December 2010 at 22:29  

oops meant car with Dad...cards on the brain lol xxx

debby4000 9 December 2010 at 07:07  

Adorable, cute cards Sharon.
luv
Debby

Heather 9 December 2010 at 13:30  

Hi Sharon, two fabulous cards, love Janet's cute image and great sentiment.
Yep - Kira definitely looks like she has a little attitude whichis fantastic I love her and your fantastic colouring and frame.
hugs Heather xx

Dawn 9 December 2010 at 20:48  

Hiyaa!
Cute cute cards and love the soft colouring..

Have a good weekend

Hugs
Dawn
x

Beth 9 December 2010 at 22:48  

These are so sweet Sharon! I love the frame you've made and your boys card is fab! Thabnks for all the lovely sketches you've made for us this year!

Love Beth xx

Ellen, 10 December 2010 at 22:18  

Hi Sharon,

Gorgeous cards you make! Love the clean style!!

Vicky Hayes 14 December 2010 at 23:03  

They're both fab but I love the frames you stamped on the second one.

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP