Lavender and Lace

>> Thursday 5 March 2009



This is my entry for this weeks WOJ challenge. While I was blog hopping the other day I came across Anita's blog. If you have a spare minute you must visit and enjoy the gorgeousness of her creations, but be prepared to be there a while! Anita has created a fantastic little box and very kindly has put the template on her blog, so I though I would give it a go. It was third time lucky on cutting it out right (although I'm not sure why because its not that hard!). I had to modify the shape for the top and bottom and used some thin card which I covered in Crate Paper.

I wrapped lace around the box and then sewed on tiny lavender and pearl beads using invisible thread. I stamped my WOJ image onto watercolour paper and then used Dusty Concord distress ink to shade the paper and also to stamp some flourishes in the corners. I coloured her with distress inks, adding a bit of green for interest.

The flowers are all Woodware punches with tiny gems added to the centre and I added some wire and ribbon. My labels Nesties arrived today so I used one for the inside of the lid and another two for the bottom of the box. All tied up with a satin ribbon. I'm really pleased with how this turned out and will definitely make one of these again.


16 comments:

Nilla 5 March 2009 at 22:14  

How adorable, love the purple! Nilla

Kathy 6 March 2009 at 00:17  

Very pretty! Love your lavendar and your coloring is fabulous!! Love the box ~ will have to go take a look! :)Kathy

Anonymous,  6 March 2009 at 00:44  

Beautiful creation!
Hugs, Vanja

Riet 6 March 2009 at 08:29  

woww Sharon,what a beautiful creation,l love the colours.

hugs Riet.x

debby4000 6 March 2009 at 09:32  

It absolutely gorgeous, love how you've used the lace and fab WOJ.

Sue 6 March 2009 at 09:44  

oh wow that is gorgeous what a beautiful box to recieve, sue.x

CraftyC 6 March 2009 at 12:38  

This is gorgeous Sharon and the lavender and lace really look great together!
Clairex

Naoual 6 March 2009 at 12:44  

This box you've created is really very pretty Sharon. Great job!

xx Naoual

disney-world-pictures 6 March 2009 at 12:49  

Wow that is really beautiful and a work of art! I love the use of lavender - thanks for sharing!

PS - if you like the color lavender, and like the smell even better, consider checking out my site about lavender essential oils

Andrea 6 March 2009 at 13:41  

Wow beautiful box!
xAndrea

Steph 6 March 2009 at 14:43  

Wow, what a pretty box. Such a fab idea and I love your colouring. Thanks for dropping by my blog the other day x

Bev 6 March 2009 at 19:10  

What a fabulous creation Sharon - absolutely love it!! xx

Tab 6 March 2009 at 21:15  

Oh my, what a gorge box, just love it! Perfect in every way!
Hugs Tab xxx

Ali Watson 7 March 2009 at 11:15  

Fabulous creation, love it.

Michele Roos 7 March 2009 at 12:30  

Gorgeous creation Sharon. Love the colours. Michele x

Lorraine A 10 March 2009 at 07:51  

This is just fabby !! Love the box and the way you decorated it, beautiful !!
lorraine

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP