The Cutest Bear!

>> Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Hello and I hope you are having a good week so far. We're having some mild, damp weather at the moment which I really dislike as I have the type of hair that goes frizzy at the first sign of moisture in the air. Do you remember the episode of Friends when Monica got her hair braided? I seriously consider doing the same when we get 'bad hair weather'!!

I've made another Wild Rose Studio DT card tonight. This is Christmas Milton and I think he looks adorable in his Santa suit. He is coloured with distress inks and then I used polar white flowersoft on his hat and coat and some diamond stickles on the presents.

Wild Rose 1

The spotted paper is from the Wild Rose Studio and the green paper is Crate Paper. The satin ribbon was so fiddly work with as the glue dots wouldn't stick properly to ribbon; there's about a hundred of them holding my bow together!! The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink and is cut with nesties.

Here's a close up of Milton; I'm pretty pleased with the colouring of this image.

Wild Rose 2

I'm going to enter this card into these challenges:

Mojo Monday - Sketch

Wild Orchid Challenges - Stitch it up

A Spoon Full of Sugar - Sparkle & Shine

Charisma Cardz - Christmas Crafting

Enjoy the rest of the week and I will be posting a new card on Friday for this months Gem of a Challenge.

13 comments:

dolcreations 5 October 2010 at 22:24  

Oh Sharon when I saw this post I fell in love! I just love your way of colouring with distress inks...so soft and beautiful.

Fiona 5 October 2010 at 22:42  

Superb colouring Sharon and I sympathise about the hair. Mine does the opposite in rain and goes completely lank!

Pami 6 October 2010 at 10:15  

Hi Sharon, I absolutely know what you are talking about re frizzy hair! Its been like it all week. I left the house on Monday with perfectly straight hair, got to work and Monica hair appeared! Love the card, I like the style of it and he is SO cute in his outfit!
Pami x

debby4000 6 October 2010 at 10:16  

Oh what a sweetheart of card Sharon.
luv
Debby

Gemma 6 October 2010 at 15:54  

soo gorgeous! Thanks for joining in this week at Charisma! Gemma :)

Lena Katrine 6 October 2010 at 21:34  

Georgeous creation in beautiful colours and nice details! Thanks for joining us at WOC this time - best of luck!
Hugs, Lena K

Lindsey 6 October 2010 at 22:21  

Oh wow! Your colouring is STUNNING and i love this image and the ribbon detail.
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one suffering from frizzy weather hair. I have looked in the mirror some mornings and wondered why Brian May is staring back at me. Then the horrible reality that it's actually me begins to dawn. I like to think of it as a "distressed" look! Certainly leaves me feeling distressed!
Linds x

Mandy 7 October 2010 at 05:42  

Hi Sharon,
I love this card...Sweet image beautifully coloured,scrummy papers,gorgeous bow and sentiment,what more can I say but gorgeous...
Mandy xx

Annie 7 October 2010 at 16:36  

such a darling teddy bear and a fabulous festive card. thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.
hugs, annie x

Kat 7 October 2010 at 21:13  

This is gorgeous, I love how you've coloured Milton. Love what you did with the ribbon, really pretty. Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears.

Kat x

Helen 8 October 2010 at 20:57  

Gorgeous card - such a cute bear!
Thanks for joining us at Just Cute Bears!
Helen x

Sarah 9 October 2010 at 20:02  

So cute! Your colouring is fab.

Thanks for joining us at JCB.

Sarah xx :0)

Lorraine A 9 October 2010 at 20:22  

Gorgeous card sharon ,,, I LOVE Milton ,, so cute and your colouring is brilliant !! :-) The bow is fabulous too ,,, well worth all the glue dots :-)

thanks for joining us on the Just Cute Bears challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP